Useful information to visit the Pozzo della Cava
a journey through the underground caves of the medieval quarter to discover twenty-eight centuries of “Orvieto way of life”
- Freedom and safeness: for the visit to the Pozzo della Cava no reservation and no special equipment or clothing are required, each room has its own independent entrance and exit and air intakes to the outside; there is also an additional emergency exit before the big Etruscan cave
- Information and usability: the main archaeological findings are provided with explanations in Italian, English, French, German and Spanish, enriched with curiosities and insights; at the entrance, summaries are also available in Japanese, Dutch and Russian
- Dedicated to the little ones: we have created paper mini-guides for children, with seven very special characters who accompany the young visitors along the caves with their stories [available in Italian and English]
- Four-legged friends: the Pozzo della Cava is one of the Italian pet-friendly archaeological areas, so your furry little friends are allowed
- Not only archeology: La Bottega del Pozzo and the courtyard are accessible with free entry, regardless of the visit to the underground
- Enriching the experience: it is possible to book guided and thematic tours, tastings, practical demonstrations of crafts or food and wine, mini-courses, workshops …
It’s possible to buy the card at all the ticket offices of the participating museums, including the Pozzo della Cava
– adult card € 20.00
– reduced € 17.00 [students | over 65 | groups +15]
– free for children under 10
Nell'ambito dell'edizione 2019 di Orvieto in Fiore, venerdì 7 giugno 2019 si svolgerà al Pozzo della Cava l'Aperitivo Floreale Archeologico Medievale, grazie alla collaborazione con il Comitato Cittadino dei Quartieri di Orvieto. Alle 19,30, al termine della visita...
Il Pozzo della Cava partecipa a Buongiorno Ceramica, la festa diffusa della Ceramica Italiana: due giornate alla scoperta della ceramica artistica e artigianale organizzate da AiCC (Associazione Italiana Città della Ceramica). Oltre ad alcune opere esposte dal 4 al 20...
11th April 2019 - The new mini-guides of the Pozzo della Cava underground caves, designed for the little ones, are available at the ticket office: seven characters for seven rooms, seven stories related to the well and the Cava district, whose protagonists have been...