Useful information to visit the Pozzo della Cava
a journey through the underground caves of the medieval quarter to discover twenty-eight centuries of “Orvieto way of life”
- Freedom and safeness: for the visit to the Pozzo della Cava no reservation and no special equipment or clothing are required, each room has its own independent entrance and exit and air intakes to the outside; there is also an additional emergency exit before the big Etruscan cave
- Information and usability: the main archaeological findings are provided with explanations in Italian, English, French, German and Spanish, enriched with curiosities and insights; at the entrance, summaries are also available in Japanese, Dutch and Russian
- Dedicated to the little ones: we have created paper mini-guides for children, with seven very special characters who accompany the young visitors along the caves with their stories [available in Italian and English]
- Four-legged friends: the Pozzo della Cava is one of the Italian pet-friendly archaeological areas, so your furry little friends are allowed
- Not only archeology: La Bottega del Pozzo and the courtyard are accessible with free entry, regardless of the visit to the underground
- Enriching the experience: it is possible to book guided and thematic tours, tastings, practical demonstrations of crafts or food and wine, mini-courses, workshops …
It’s possible to buy the card at all the ticket offices of the participating museums, including the Pozzo della Cava
– adult card € 20.00
– reduced € 17.00 [students | over 65 | groups +15]
– free for children under 10
Starting from June 22, 2020 until new provisions: Admissions are guaranteed from 9:00am to 7:45pm from Tuesday to Sunday; On Monday, the access is guaranteed by reservation, visitors without a reservation are still allowed in the free turns between different bookings;...
Admissions are guaranteed from 9 am to 19.40 from Tuesday to Sunday; On Monday, the access is guaranteed by reservation, visitors without a reservation are still allowed in the free turns between different bookings; The entrances are possible every 10 minutes, to...
Nonostante l'emergenza nazionale l'Associazione Nazionale Città della Ceramica non rinuncia a diffondere il grande patrimonio dell'arte della ceramica artistica e lo fa ideando una edizione di «Buongiorno Ceramica!» tutta pensata per svolgersi sul web e in particolare...