Useful information to visit the Pozzo della Cava
a journey through the underground caves of the medieval quarter to discover twenty-eight centuries of “Orvieto way of life”
- Freedom and safeness: for the visit to the Pozzo della Cava no reservation and no special equipment or clothing are required, each room has its own independent entrance and exit and air intakes to the outside; there is also an additional emergency exit before the big Etruscan cave
- Information and usability: the main archaeological findings are provided with explanations in Italian, English, French, German and Spanish, enriched with curiosities and insights; at the entrance, summaries are also available in Japanese, Dutch and Russian
- Dedicated to the little ones: we have created paper mini-guides for children, with seven very special characters who accompany the young visitors along the caves with their stories [available in Italian and English]
- Four-legged friends: the Pozzo della Cava is one of the Italian pet-friendly archaeological areas, so your furry little friends are allowed
- Not only archeology: La Bottega del Pozzo and the courtyard are accessible with free entry, regardless of the visit to the underground
- Enriching the experience: it is possible to book guided and thematic tours, tastings, practical demonstrations of crafts or food and wine, mini-courses, workshops…
Carta Orvieto Unica
Carta Orvieto Unica – The key to the City is the combined ticket to visit the monuments and museums of Orvieto in the most convenient way:
– Cathedral [naves, transept and St. Brizio Chapel
– MODO [Cathedral Museum]
– «C. Faina» Etruscan Museum
– National Archaeological Museum
– Necropolis of Crocifisso del Tufo
– «Orvieto Underground» guided tour
– St. Patrick’s Well
– Pozzo della Cava
– Torre del Moro [Clock Tower]
also having available public transport and numerous discounts in participating shops and restaurants
It’s possible to buy the card at all the ticket offices of the participating museums, including the Pozzo della Cava – adult card € 20.00 – reduced € 17.00 [students | over 65 | groups +15] – free for children under 10
Starting from 11 of October 2021, for the entire stay in the “white zone” or in the “yellow zone” and until new government regulations, access to the archaeological complex of the Pozzo della Cava will be possible in compliance with the following rules: Admissions are...
In seguito alla scoperta di calce del periodo medievale (conservata ancora in ottimo stato da oltre settecento anni!), tocca ora alle ceramiche della Cava svelare alcune sorprendenti novità provenienti dalle analisi dei laboratori Weber Saint-Gobain sui reperti del...
Il complesso archeologico del Pozzo della Cava, con i suoi sotterranei che si snodano sotto le case e le vie del quartiere medievale di Orvieto, è stato inserito in «Italy for Movies», il database delle location e degli incentivi alla produzione cinematografica e...